COVID-19 UPDATE | INSIDE. ONLINE.
It is our desire to keep your children and families safe during this season of COVID. Currently, Nursery and Preschool ministries are not taking place. A phased reopening of live kids’ services will begin on Sunday, March 21st during our 11 am service. Phase 1 of this slow roll-out will include grades 3, 4 & 5. We will continue to provide online services and tablets on Sundays for the age groups not included in each phase. Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
WHAT TO EXPECT
FIRST TIME GUESTS
There are signs to direct guests and parents with young chicldren to a designated parking lot that is near to the front entrance. please feel free to take advantage of this opportunity.
We have provided a family entrance that put’s you right in the WSF Kids area of the church.
All kidspace volunteers and workers pass a background check, and we employ an off-duty police officer as well as our own security team to ensure your child’s safety. We use a security tag system for check-in and for pick-up. In case we need to contact you during a service, there is a notification system within the auditorium.
On your first visit, we ask for the following personal information; parent/guardian names, children’s names, phone number, and any special instructions (allergies, special needs) for each child. This information is entered into our kids database to help maintain our secure check-in system and our parent notification system.
If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask in person on a Sunday morning or by email anytime at email@example.com
Birth to 3 Years
Sunday mornings & Wednesday nights
We believe that little ones are created in God’s image and He has a special plan for each one of them. Our goal is to create a classroom atmosphere that cultivates growth in children physically, emotionally, and spiritually through the joy of play with loving teachers and an intentional structure. We want to create a space for children to experience an encounter with the Lord; that powerful seeds would be sewn into their lives, preparing them to say “yes!” to Jesus. Children enjoy play, Bible lessons, simple crafts, scripture memory and music together each week.
WHAT SHOULD PARENTS BRING?
A few disposable diapers
A complete change of clothes in case your child requires it
A prepared bottle for infants
Sunday mornings & Wednesday nights
Our preschool classes are filled with fun activities that help our little ones begin to understand what it means to love God and one another. Our dedicated team of volunteers give them the opportunity to play, sing, and dance! They teach God’s Word using video, drama, and crafts in a way that helps kids understand the stories of the Bible. Activities are incorporated to encourage creativity and to reinforce the lesson.
Kindergarten to 5th grade
Our elementary service is a high-energy gathering geared towards kids in Kindergarten to 5th grade. Kids have a blast playing video games, rock climbing, and participating in activities with their friends. Their services include live worship, video skits, interactive Bible teaching, and small group activities.
WSF Kids Online
Youtube & Twitch
WSF Kids also has a large online presence. You will find us posting videos on our YouTube channel all the time. You will find videos ranging from service videos, funny videos, challenge videos and game play videos. WSF Kids also has a Twitch channel where Pastor Michael and his leaders stream during the week. We are in the age that playing and watching others play is a big part of kids’ lives. We have created a safe place for them to watch and engage with the person playing. We would love for you to stop by each of these channels and follow us.
- Check-in opens 20 minutes before the start of each worship service. We maintain a “two-adult rule” room policy. There must be at least two volunteers in a classroom before we begin accepting children.
- Check-in closes at 11:45am on Sundays and at 8pm on Wednesdays.
- For the safety of our children, we use a secure check-in system. When you check in, you will be given a barcoded key tag that will be assigned to your household. A name tag will be printed for each of your children and a coded security tag will be given to the parent/guardian. The security tag must be presented by the parent at the time of pick up.
- Upon check-in, parents will be asked to provide an emergency contact number. If a WSF staff member needs to contact you, you’ll be notified via text or a call on your mobile phone. Your security number may also appear on the call boxes located on either side of the main stage in the Auditorium.
- Out of concern for the severe food allergies of some of our kids, we ask parents to refrain from allowing your child to bring food in the classrooms. Water is permitted.